close

This is development topic not general discussion. :V

Please add an oekaki.

ikou said:
Please add an oekaki.

We had a drawing board before.Nobody used it so we got rid of it.

Error: You cannot search for only excluded tags.

Get rid of that shit. I want to look through the non-sexual, non-doujin, non-pokemon stuff here.

For now you could try putting in rating:safe and then put in the excluded tags. Hope that's helpful.

Orasyn said:
Error: You cannot search for only excluded tags.

Get rid of that shit. I want to look through the non-sexual, non-doujin, non-pokemon stuff here.

You can also blacklist the tags if you really don't want to see them

EphemeralFox said:
For now you could try putting in rating:safe and then put in the excluded tags. Hope that's helpful.

rating:s = rating:safe
yields same results (the error).

SuperRamen said:
You can also blacklist the tags if you really don't want to see them

Looks like I get to blacklist/unblacklist quite a bit~

I secured a full time job.. with vacations.. meaning I won't be working 10 hours days during a holiday like I've been doing now.

I've been trying to get the new version of ruby on the server, but we use a version of debian that makes transferring to a newer one difficult. To fix this i may change servers again

Spike said:
I've been trying to get the new version of ruby on the server, but we use a version of debian that makes transferring to a newer one difficult. To fix this i may change servers again

I'm not into Ruby (imho it has a horrible syntax && yet another scripting language).

But anyway, does the new version add something of real value or is it just hopping to a new branch because the current one doesn't get any update anymore soon?

Not to sound rude but holy fuck dwarf fortress is being developed faster.

Now we make the choice:
Veebooru with an asshole administrator
Wildcritters with a lazy ass administrator

Maybe I've taken these Websites too seriously.
I should just learn how to use Pixiv to find nice furry artists. It's probably not too hard.

SystFur said:
Now we make the choice:

I should just learn how to use Pixiv to find nice furry artists. It's probably not too hard.

Unless you know japanese... it will be hard xD

SystFur said:
Now we make the choice:

IMO WildCritters was always a middleman between the non-Japanese and Pixiv.

But since Pixiv goes international and more people found their way through, the existence both descendants are at risk.

SystFur said:

Hey that hurts man, come on.

I'm only one person, and I wouldn't even be doing this if it weren't for the fact that this community AS A WHOLE (wc.us,wc.ws,wc.net,vb.com) desperately needs a place to thrive.

I may seem like an asshole, and there are probably people who will go out of their way to draw me out as such, but I don't care if you want to be my friend or not when it comes to the website. Do you want a good website? Yes? Ok! Well that's what I've been doing!

Yes. Yes you have. The whole point of these websites in the first place is to have fun and enjoy being in a community. If we can't do that, there's no point for these websites to exist other than having a daily fap... I grew up coming to these sites seeing it as a community, and I want to push that image for the future on our new website.

If you refuse to see me as a friend, at least give me the respect I deserve as a Site programmer.

http://bt.veebooru.com/view_all_bug_page.php?page_number=1

I mean, look at all of that. Can you honestly look at that, and then tell me I'm an asshole when I'm TRYING to make a better place for everyone?

So much drama... can't we all just get along?

Assimilation said:
Hey that hurts man, come on.

If it turns out anything like your group chats, than I'm sure we all have a lot to look forward to. I recall you saying something similar about the chats once. Too bad words are just words.

MisterE said:
than

MisterE said:
Too bad words are just words.

lol

Ok I bite:

SystFur said:
Now we make the choice:
Veebooru with an asshole administrator.

I think I've Alzheimer and too lazy to read through 1k+ topics. Mind to elaborate with an example which could be verified with facts?

SystFur said:

Fulltime job != lazy.
You've oceans of time when you're unemployed, so being an administrator of a website is a piece of cake, unless you're really procrastinating, but then you could better pass the position to someone else.

The time spend for managing a server is often underestimated by a lot of people. Even when working part time reserving moments to look after a server could be tricky sometimes.

Systfur's always picked up a lot of flak at .net because he whines a lot. I don't remember Assimi ever flakking out, so it's probable that he categorizes everyone related to the .net reincarnation as 'mean people WHO HATE ME.'

Clearly Assimilation has no idea what kind of a person Systfur is. He got what he had coming to him, unfriendly community or not

In any case, it's not even that hard to use pixiv since there are about like only 5 tags you'd really need to know

ケモノ general furry
ケモショタ boys
ケモロリ girls
オスケモ men
メスケモ women

Make an account, copy and paste the Japanese text on the search bar and you are set

Okay.. unknown why other stuff beside development is here... but update

Sometime next week the site will be down for a time. I found out the problem why I can't get the new danbooru up, we're using an older version of linux and I need to update it to get the new libraries.

Yes, I haven't been paying attention to this site, but i think that's the best answer instead of having it down and saving myself 600 dollars a year.

Every so often I try to add more, but I get hindered because things don't work and I have to figure out why

"Oh, I need to install a new version of postgres, let's find out how to do that" "Oh, there's this new thing call capistrano and that's how danbooru is distributed now, okay, let's learn about that" "Oh, this stuff uses ruby on rails 3, that's news to me, let's learn about that" "Oh I need ruby 1.9.. we use 1.8, that shouldn't be too hard to update" "Oh, i can't update it normally, I should use RVM, once i get this installed, I can use the capstrano to create the new danbooru and begin porting all the stuff" "OH god damnit, I need to update my linux, fuck fuck fuck!"

Aside from my whining, I had other priorities, now this place is becoming a bigger priority (I'm going to go for a ruby certificate.. along with c++, java, so doing all of this crap will have real life benefits). Before now, aside from working a full time job without benefits like vacation days and holidays (I worked 2 extra hours to make up those) I've been looking for a full time job. But now I'm secured.. making plans to work on my real life issues and hopefully move up instead of being dirt poor.

For the most part, you guys will have to wait.. there are other places.. e621, pony whatever, veeboru, and of course inkbunny and pixiv.

I will be slow, but hopefully before September we'll get the new danbooru. My goal is to make this website be easy to add pictures of cute shit and features to make the community happy.

If the above is too long

Mostly this place isn't 'necessary'. I am going to work on it, but you can use pixiv and inkbunny for things.. and if you like books.. i highly suggest alice-books.com and contacting your favorite artist and getting them to put their things internationally. WC started for quality (or generally japanese) art that was hard to come by.. now it's becoming easier. At most this place is good as a data dump for things you want to share with the promise we won't get rid of it.

Can anyone trace where these spambots are coming from?

i've done a small fix for that... now just waiting for thursday so i can put 15 dollars onto a new server.

Would it be possible to raise the filesize limit? I don't even know what the current limit is, but I'm attempting to upload a pic that's roughly 12 MB.

sorry for the delay, i gotten the new danbooru working. So now it's just a matter of trying to fit this one into that one.

It took so long because i spent my time trying to understand the sub programs being used to deploy danbooru. And once i gotten some understanding, the bug was just fixing one thing.

Spike said:
sorry for the delay, i gotten the new danbooru working. So now it's just a matter of trying to fit this one into that one.

It took so long because i spent my time trying to understand the sub programs being used to deploy danbooru. And once i gotten some understanding, the bug was just fixing one thing.

Sounds familiar to me.

For the last years I notice more (open source) software projects use build system X or software library Y as dependency to run their stuff at all. But unfortunately most of those dependencies have a steep learning curve for configuring it properly and lack a KISS (Keep It Simple and Stupid) tutorial for fast and secure setup.